Ron San Angeloís - Top 10 Ways to Feel Good about You!
A positive outlook on life requires action on your part! You can muddle through life like most people or you can make a decision to take control and make your own life the best it can be!
1. Develop a written Daily Plan and stick to it. Establish goals you want to accomplish and check off the items as you complete them. The sense of accomplishment will make you feel better and you will get more things done! Make sure a reward for accomplishing your tasks is the last thing on you list.
2. Take pride in your appearance. Dress appropriately for whatever you are doing and look your best. Dressing sharply will make you more confident and you will feel better about yourself. Even if you are just meeting a friend for coffee, going to the grocery†††† store, or doing any kind of routine event.
3. Learn something new each day. Read a book, go to a seminar, or attend some cultural event. People who invest in themselves and their future are always happier then those who follow the same routine.†
4. Be the best you can be. Donít take the shortcuts. Make sure that whatever you need to get done you do it to the best of your ability. Take pride in the work that you do and others will come to recognize you for your own abilities.
5. Help others who need it.† There is no better feeling in this world then helping someone else. Join a community group, donate to a needy cause, or lend a helping hand to a friend or neighbor. The reward you will receive in your own self worth will be worth the effort.
6. Stand for your beliefs and values. †Donít cave in to the beliefs or values of others when you know in your heart that they are wrong. Stand for core principles such as honesty and integrity. These are the foundations that will give you strength even in the most difficult of times.
7. Donít give in to fear. Too often we never challenge ourselves. We let fear stop us from achieving our goals. Start off with the small things you may be afraid of and conquer them one at a time. You will soon find that they were not nearly as difficult to overcome as your mind told you they were.
8. Think positively. Stop focusing on what you canít do and focus on what you can. We spend so much time on the negative things in our lives that we forget about all the wonderful things that are happening. Always think about your strengths and build on the positives. Deal with negative issues as quickly as possible and get them out of the way.
9. Stay away from negative people. There are always people who will try and drag you down. They will complain about everything and it will be nearly impossible for you to make them happy. They seem to enjoy wallowing in their misery. You have a choice. Stay and be miserable with them or find more positive people to associate with.
10. Do something positive for yourself every day. As part of our daily lives we think about everyone else. Our spouses, children, coworkers, and our friends are all important to our lives, but in order for us to be happy we have to think about ourselves as well. It is okay to be a little selfish at times. We need to feel good about ourselves, before we can make those we care about feel good about themselves.